Air Duct Cleaning: In-House Or Outsourcing Is The Way To Go
The air ducts play a vital role in every home as it circulates air from each room’s heating and cooling system. The ducts circulate all types of air in your home several times a day. The air cycling through the ducts is the same as that you breathe in the living environment. Therefore, this air should be a clean as possible to manage the health of you and your family members.
What Is Air Duct Cleaning?
It refers to the removal of contaminants and dust within the ductwork. This includes the registers and diffusers along with supply and return air ducts in each room. Powerful vacuums can be used for air duct cleaning to prevent the dust and debris from re-circulate throughout the home.
If you’re looking to extend the life of the HVAC system and improve air quality, then air duct cleaning must be an essential part of your maintenance routine.
When Is It Important To Clean Your Ducts?
An air duct cleaning is especially needed when moving into a new home. Secondly, if the previous owner was a pet owner, smoker, or did not have their ducts cleaned for three years, cleaning is needed.
Further, air duct cleaning plays an important role in getting rid of construction debris and drywall dust when building a new home. The cleaning is essential to infiltrate the ducts and supply clean air.
Can I Clean The Air Duct By Myself?
When it comes to the basics, cleaning an air duct is not a job to be done by any individual. It requires special tools like rotary brushes and a high-powered vacuum, not the usual lying around the garage. Additionally, a professional cleaning service is important as improper cleaning may damage the ducts.
Outsourcing The Air Duct Cleaning Service:
If you prefer to outsource the air duct cleaning method, then make sure that the service providers are following these steps:
- Open access doors or ports to let the entire system be inspected and cleaned.
- The service provider should inspect the system before cleaning the ducts to ensure that no asbestos-containing materials are in the cooling and heating system. The asbestos-containing materials can only be removed by specially equipped and trained contractors as it requires a special procedure.
- If the vacuum exhausts inside the home, high-efficiency particle air (HEPA) vacuum tools or equipment that exhaust the particles out of the home must be used.
- During the cleaning process, protect household furnishings and carpets.
- To dislodge dust particles, utilize well-controlled duct surface brushing synchronizing with contact vacuum cleaning.
- For sheet metal ducts lined with fiberglass and fiberglass duct board, only soft-bristled brushes should be used.
Since indoor air pollutants can cause serious respiratory and health problems, professional routine cleaning is crucial. So if you’re looking to outsource the air duct cleaning service, then contact us for effective air duct cleaning service. Professional cleaning helps reduce the amount of dust, dirt, and allergens circulating throughout your home, creating a healthier environment.